|Agonia.Net | Policy | Mission||Contact | Participate|
|Poetry Personals Prose Screenplay Essay Press Article Communities Contest Special Literary Technique|
- - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2010-02-10 | |
Dear Fellow Travellers
A few days back I finished Kafka's Diaries. I took more than three years to achieve this distinction. I am proud of it. For, we writers, he poses so many riddles. One such is this sentence from his Trip to Weimar and Junghorn dated 9th July 1912..
"It is impossible to clean the kind of clothes we wear today| "
I feel this is the crux of his diaries. Let us jointly contemplate over this and come out with an answer to a set of four questions:
1) What kind of clothes we wear that are being talked of by Kafka?
2) What he implies by cleaning?
3) Who are the persons responsible for dirtying the clothes and who for cleaning these?
4) Are we sure, as writers, we are meeting our own expectations, not to talk of society's ?
I hope responses will pour in.
|Home of Literature, Poetry and Culture. Write and enjoy articles, essays, prose, classic poetry and contests.|